story of my life
In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.
instead of, you know, actually reading, I’ve been searching for even more books to read. ya feel?
1. Books > people is your general outlook on life. People are cool but reading is your preferred social activity.
2. You know what a book hangover is and you have them frequently.
3. You plan whole afternoons around browsing bookstores.
4. If you go too long without buying or reading a book you feel a huge sense of withdrawal and are thinking of the next time you can get away to a bookstore or library.
5. You have trouble functioning at work or school sometimes because you stayed up late reading.
6. You’re constantly sharing your favorite book quotes on social media and have either a Pinterest board or Tumblr dedicated to these quotes.
7. You’re always looking forward to the weekend but mostly because you can’t wait to get 2 whole days for unadulterated alone time with a new book.
8. You carry a book with you at all times because you never know when you’ll have a spare minute to do some extra reading.
9. Your friends and family have stopped asking you what you want for Christmas or birthdays because they know you’ll always say books.
10. You take your book clubs seriously. If you show up and you haven’t read the book? GTFO.
11. When you go out to dinner you find yourself wanting to gush about a book you’re reading and the characters in the story. You’ve been spending so much time with them you feel like they’ve become a part of your life just as much as anyone else.
12. You don’t mind layovers so much because you know it’s a perfect time to get in extra reading.
13. When you travel you always bring as least two books because you’re not sure what kind of mood you’ll be in or what sort of story you’ll feel like reading.
14. And if you don’t have a Kindle you just sort of assume half of your luggage will be all books.
15. When someone talks smack about one of your favorite writers you instantly get defensive and suggest they try reading another work by them.
That’s my only mission. Finish him.
Eeeeeep!!! My shirts from #dftbarecords got here they are soooo soft and are already my favorite shirts ever. Also got some #books and my 3 #umbra invisible book shelves :D
Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Oliver are going on a date in the season premiere. How do you avoid the TV trope that a hero can’t be with the woman he loves just because of his duty?
Kreisberg: When you see the premiere and you see how things shake out, you’ll come to a very sympathetic…
BOOK GIVEAWAY TIME
Hello there lovelies!
Here is my way of thanking you guys for following me and sticking with me! Above is a little collection of a few of my favourite books, ranging from young adult, to new adult, to adult. These books have been there for me in different parts of my life, whether it was a way to get away to a different world or just a way to make me smile.
Here’s what you win!
One of the books listed above - For any of the series books I will offer any of the books in the series if you already have the one I’ve listed :)
Here are the rules!
- Must be following me please :)
- Reblog to enter - you can enter as many times as you want but like guys lets be cool and not spam people or use giveaway accounts okay? okay.
- You have until JULY 31ST at 9:00pm Eastern
- You must have your ask box open ‘cause I gotta be able to contact you if you win!
- The winner will have 48 hours to reply to the message once I have sent it, and if they don’t a new winner will be chosen
- The winner must live in a country that The Book Depository will ship to (which is pretty much almost everywhere)
I think that’s it… GOOD LUCK GUYS and I hope you like these books as much as I do! :)
Hello there lovelies!
Please excuse my terrible photo editing skillsI have reached 100 followers recently, and this is my way of thanking you guys for sticking with me. Above is a little collection of books that I really enjoyed reading, and you can win one!
Here’s what you win!
One winner will receive one book, as simple as that. You can choose any of the books in the picture above (and I will list them below, too), OR, if the book is the part of a series, you can get any other book in the series. In the list below, I will mention if the book is part of a series or a standalone.
The books you can win, with links to their goodreads page (click the first letter!):
· Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer (standalone)
· Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (series)
· The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (series)
· The Tales of Beedle the Bard (you can choose any of the Harry Potter schoolbooks)
· The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis (series)
· Paper Towns by John Green (standalone)
· The Angel Maker by Stefan Brijs (standalone)
Belgian author! Takes place in Belgium. Just saying guys.
· The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (standalone)
· The Host by Stephenie Meyer (it is going to be a series, but this is the only book that’s out atm)
· The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (standalone)
Here are the rules!
· As this is meant to thank my followers, you must be following me, thelast-humanstranger. I will be checking.
· You can reblog and like to enter as many times as you want, but please do not spam your followers.
· NO GIVEAWAY BLOGS.
· This giveaway ends on the 17th of August, at 8:00pm Central European Time.
· The winner will be chosen with a random number generator.
· This giveaway is international, as long as The Book Depository ships to your country.
· You must have your ask box open, so I can contact you if you won.
· The winner will have 48 hours to reply to my message, or I will choose a new winner.
· You must be willing to give me your address so I can ship you the book. If you’re under 16, please ask your parents for permission to participate.
· You can choose the edition of the book you like most (cover, paperback/hardback) as long as it is available on The Book Depository and costs less than €13,00.
Sorry guys, thight on cash!
That’s it. Thanks again for following me sweethearts, and may the odds be ever in your favor. If you have any questions (or you just want to talk), my askbox is open!
Giveaway for an ARC (Advance Readers Copy) of Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick!!!!
This book doesn’t come out until October 7th, so you are really getting a sneak peak!
I reached 200 tumblr followers the other day so this giveaway is for you guys. You are all incredible. I thought I would giveaway my extra ARC of Black Ice. Thank you so much for following me and my random reading adventures.
Here are the rules:
1. Must be following With A Book. (I will check).
2. Your ask box must be open so I can contact you if you win.
3. Do not spam your followers with this giveaway but you can reblog as much as you want.
4. You can reblog or just like this post to enter. Or both. :)
5. Ends July 26th!
my seventeenth birthday is in a few weeks…and I’m actually kind of sad…i really like being sixteen
but if your sixteen you cant be the dancing queen
thank u little bread stick that made me feel better
this is the best thing to happen to one of my text posts
THIS IS MY FAVOURITE TWEET EVER